The pair woke up in their smoke-filled Temuka home at 3.45am on Monday to the sound of their new alarm screeching.
They immediately called the fire brigade who found the single-storey property well ablaze nu skin product
The house was badly damaged in the fire but the residents escaped with minor smoke inhalation, nuskin
a tribute to the benefits of a working smoke alarm, Southern Fire Communications shift manager Riwai Grace says.
"Apparently the alarm was only installed on Saturday in a local fire safety drive, which is just amazing," Mr Grace told NZ Newswire.
"The work those guys do really is incredible nuskin group
. Two days earlier and those people wouldn't have had anything to wake them up. Who knows what would have happened so it's a very happy story indeed."
The blaze took firefighters two hours to extinguish, nu skin hk
with the property left "severely damaged".