★Who killed Cock Robin? 誰殺了知更鳥?
I, said the Sparrow, 是我,麻雀說,
With my bow and arrow, 我殺了知更鳥,
I killed Cock Robin. 用我的弓和箭
★Who saw him die? 誰看到他死?
I, said the Fly. 是我,蒼蠅說,
With my little eye, 我看到他死,
I saw him die. 用我的小眼睛。
★Who caught his blood? 誰取走他的血?
I, said the Fish, 是我,魚說,
With my little dish, 我取走他的血,
I caught his blood. 用我的小碟子。
★Who'll make his shroud? 誰來做壽衣?
I , said the Beetle, 是我,甲蟲說,
With my thread and needle, 我將為他做壽衣,
I'll make the shroud. 用我的針和線。
★Who'll dig his grave? 誰來挖墳墓?
I, said the Owl, 是我,貓頭鷹說,
With my pick and shovel, 我將為他挖墳墓,
I'll dig his grave. 用我的鑿子和鏟子。
★Who'll be the person? 誰來當牧師?
I, said the Rook, 是我,烏鴉說,
With my little book, 我將為他當牧師,
I'll be the person. 用我的小本子。
★Who'll be the clerk? 誰來當執事?
I, said the Lark, 是我,雲雀說,
If it's not in the dark, 如果不是在暗處,
I'll be the clerk. 我將當執事。
★Who'll carry the link? 誰拿火炬來?
I, said the Linnet, 是我,紅雀說,
I'll fetch it in a minute, 我將拿它片刻。
I'll carry the link. 我將拿火炬來。
★Who'll be chief mourner? 誰來當主祭?
I, said the Dove, 是我,鴿子說,
I mourn for my love, 我將當主祭。
I'll be chief mourner. 為吾愛哀悼。
★Who'll carry the coffin? 誰來抬棺?
I, said the Kite, 是我,鳶說,
If it's not through the night, 若不經過夜晚,
I'll carry the coffin. 我將抬棺。
★Who'll bear the pall? 誰來扶棺?
We, said the Wren, 是我們,鷦鷯說,
Both the cock and the hen, 還有公雞和母雞,
We'll bear the pall. 我們將扶棺。
★Who'll sing a psalm? 誰來唱讚美詩?
I, said the Thrush, 是我,畫眉說,
As she sat on a bush, 當他埋入灌木叢中,
I'll sing a psalm. 我將唱讚美詩。
★Who'll toll the bell? 誰來敲喪鐘?
I, said the Bull, 是我,牛說,
Because I can pull, 因為我可以拉鐘。
So Cock Robin, farewell. 所以,再會了,知更鳥。
★All the birds of the air 當喪鐘
Fell a-sighing and a-sobbing, 為那可憐的知更鳥響起,
When they heard the bell toll 空中所有的鳥
For poor Cock Robin. 都悲嘆哭泣。
★NOTICE 啟事
To all it concerns, 關係人請注意,
This notice apprises, 下回小鳥審判,
At next bird assizes , The Sparrow's for trial 受審者為麻雀。