To sit on the curb and clap the universe
zz
sendywan
暱稱: cc
性別: 男
國家: 香港
地區: 九龍城區
« July 2015 »
SMTWTFS
1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031
最新文章
In late autumn, gent...
Boldness and courage...
Youth is gone, still...
Bale just forget the...
Gardenias and Dream
文章分類
全部 (25)
business (2)
national (5)
News (2)
office furniture (2)
未分類 (14)
訪客留言
最近三個月尚無任何留言
每月文章
日誌訂閱
尚未訂閱任何日誌
好友名單
尚無任何好友
網站連結
尚無任何連結
最近訪客
最近沒有訪客
日誌統計
文章總數: 25
留言總數: 0
今日人氣: 0
累積人氣: 4787
站內搜尋
RSS 訂閱
RSS Feed
2013 年 10 月 28 日  星期一   晴天


The 13 year old California people's Congress 分類: business

 

Andy Lopez, 13, was carrying a pellet gun when he was shot seven times by a sheriff's deputy. According to an autopsy report, he sustained two fatal wounds Preserver Series.
 
SANTA ROSA, Calif. — The Federal Bureau of Investigation is conducting an independent investigation of the fatal shooting of a popular 13-year-old boy by a sheriff's deputy in Northern California.
 
Sheriff Steve Freitas said in a statement Friday afternoon that he will cooperate fully with federal investigators and welcomes their participation in the probe of Andy Lopez's killing on Tuesday afternoon. The shooting has generated numerous protests and marches in the suburban town of Santa Rosa, with many residents questioning the deputy's decision to fire on the youth.
 
Freitas also expressed sympathy to the Lopez family and thanked the Santa Rosa community for keeping protests peaceful.
 
Police say Lopez was carrying a pellet gun that looked like an AK-47 assault rifle.
 
A timeline released Thursday by the Santa Rosa police shows that only 10 seconds passed from the moment that the sheriff's deputy and his partner called dispatch to report a suspicious person to the moment they called back to say shots had been fired.
 
FBI spokesman Paul Lee said he did not know why his agency decided to get involved or whether local authorities had requested its help.
 
More than 100 angry middle and high school students walked to City Hall on Friday, the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reported. Hundreds of people protested earlier in the week.
 
City police and the Sonoma County district attorney's office are also investigating.
 
The Santa Rosa Police Department said two deputies in a squad car encountered the hoodie-wearing Lopez just after 3:14 p.m.
 
Witnesses say at least one of the deputies took cover behind an open front door of the cruiser, and one yelled twice "drop the gun."
 
Ten seconds after their initial report to dispatch, one of the officers called in "shot have been fired OtterBox Commuter Wallet Case."
 
Sixteen seconds later, the deputies were calling for medical help. Lopez was later pronounced dead at the scene. The Sonoma County coroner said he found seven "apparent entry wounds," two of them fatal.
 
The deputies, who have not been identified, have been placed on paid administrative leave, which is standard after a shooting, officials said.
 
Assistant Sheriff Lorenzo Duenas told the Press Democrat that the deputy who shot the teen is a 24-year veteran and his partner, who did not fire his weapon, is a new hire.
 
Santa Rosa police Lt. Paul Henry told the newspaper the deputy who opened fire later told investigators he believed his life as well his partner's was in jeopardy. The deputy said the teen didn't comply with commands to drop the gun and was turning toward the deputies while raising the barrel.
 
"The deputy's mindset was that he was fearful that he was going to be shot," Henry said at a Wednesday news conference.
 
Geoffrey Alpert, a professor of criminology at the University of South Carolina, said officers are typically justified in the use of deadly force when they sincerely believe lives are at stake.
 
If the teen was raising the barrel of the gun toward officers, they had little choice about firing, Alpert said.
 
"If it's a pink bubble gum gun and an obvious fake to most, then there is no reason to shoot," he said. "But if the gun looks real the barrel is being pointed at you ... it's unfortunate, but a perceived threat trumps age and the officers have to protect themselves."
 
Hundreds of community members marched Wednesday night to remember the teen and protest the shooting nu skin.
 
They covered more than three miles from Santa Rosa City Hall to the field where Andy Lopez was killed. Some lit candles and placed flowers at a makeshift memorial with printed pictures of the victim, stuffed animals and a balloon that read "RIP Andy L."


2013 年 10 月 21 日  星期一   晴天


Prince George's second outing 分類: business

The christening on Oct. 23 will be the first time in over 100 years that four generations of royals are photographed together.

 
LONDON — After arriving to a global media frenzy, Britain's Prince George will make his second official appearance this week at a christening designed to be as low-key as possible for the world's most-hyped baby.
 
Prince George, third-in-line to the British throne, cardinal manchester will be christened on Oct. 23 in a private, 45-minute ceremony in the Chapel Royal at St James' Palace by the spiritual leader of the Church of England, the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby.
 
George will become the formal head of the Church of England himself if he accedes to the throne.
 
Few were surprised by Prince William and his wife Kate's decision to break with tradition and not hold the service in Buckingham Palace as is typical for royal christenings.
 
The royal couple, known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge since their 2011 wedding, have made it clear they are not sticklers for tradition and their informality has helped portray a more modern, relevant royal family in austerity-hit Britain.
 
So far the only official photographs of Prince George are family snapshots taken by Kate's father Michael Middleton.
 
The christening will be the first time in over 100 years that four generations of royals are photographed together, with a picture of Queen Elizabeth, her son and heir Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George to be released after the event.
 
Although the christening will be held behind closed doors, tourists and well-wishers have already flocked to the 16th century St James' Palace built by Henry VIII in central London.
 
"In the States, the royals fascinate people, especially William and Kate who are young and approachable," said Sean Tyrrell, 44, a policeman from Manteca, California, outside the palace gate flanked by guards in red tunics and bearskin hats.
 
German students Julia Magrian and Anne Krause, both aged 17, said they would be following the christening closely, keen to see what Kate wears. The "Kate-effect" is well-known, with anything the duchess wears prompting a sales rush.
 
"We like Kate because she is a link between royalty and the common people and she has great style," said Magrian.
 
Royal officials have released few details before the christening, allowing only one photographer and one TV crew inside the palace - unlike Prince George's birth when an army of cameramen camped outside St. Mary's Hospital for three weeks.
 
Millions of people around the world watched live coverage of the duke and duchess, both aged 31, g-suite in oldham leave the hospital with their sleeping son, the only public sighting of George to date.
 
His birth on July 22, along with a run of sporting success for Britain during an unusually good summer, was credited with boosting consumer spending in July and bolstering the popularity of Britain's royal family at home and abroad.
 
William and his party-loving brother Harry have been at the forefront of the modernisation of the monarchy whose popularity suffered after the 1997 death of their mother Princess Diana.
 
British media have speculated on the guest list and whether Prince George will wear a replica of the gown used by Queen Victoria's eldest daughter in 1841 and worn by many royals since.
 
Bookmaker William Hill expected Prince William and Kate to opt for friends as the godparents for their first child and skip the royal tradition of choosing family or other royals.
 
Shopkeepers said the christening was unlikely to boost sales since little was available in terms of baby memorabilia.
 
"There's always demand for anything royal but licensing rules mean we're very limited in what we can provide," said Younes Nokra of the Crest of London store in Leicester Square.
 
Despite the christening being held behind locked gates, royal fans were still planning to descend on St. James' Palace to soak up the atmosphere and look out for Prince George.
 
"He will have a lovely christening dress on and I want to see him with his eyes open," Margaret Tyler, a royal enthusiast and memorabilia collector, g-suite oldham told Reuters.


2013 年 10 月 11 日  星期五   晴天


The doctor talks 分類: national

 

TALKS TO BREAK the impasse between junior doctors and the HSE were suspended tonight, how to register a business set to resume on Tuesday.
 
Non Consultant Hospital Doctors took to the picket lines for a one-day strike on Tuesday,
 
Junior doctors want their working week reduced to 48 hours and are calling for an end to shifts that are more than 24 hours, as required by European law.
 
They also want sanctions imposed on hospitals that impose these hours.
 
51 hospitals were affected by the strikes and another stoppage is due for next week, company registration Hong Kong unless an agreement can be reached.
 
Before the talks resume both sides will continue to work together on verifying the position of individual hospitals in relation to the number of hours being worked by NCHDs.
 
In relation to the talks, Limited company Hong Kong a spokesman for the IMO said that “progress has been made and the IMO will continue to engage in the process next week”.


2013 年 9 月 23 日  星期一   晴天


Kenya mall 分類: News

 

Andrew McLaren and his wife Kathy were in the mall when masked gunmen attacked on Saturday (local time), Accounting in HK killing at least 68 people and wounding more than 175.
 
Mr McLaren, who hails from Hastings, was shot in the back while he lay on the ground with his wife.
 
He is in a stable condition in hospital.
 
Mr McLaren was in Kenya working at a processing factory for his employer Olivado and was due to return to New Zealand this week after work wrapped up in Nairobi.
 
He will now instead undergo surgery and will remain in Kenya until he recovers.
 
Olivado general manager Sarah Nicholls says the attack, which continued into the night on Sunday (local time), was not a normal occurrence in Kenya.
 
"This is a really unfortunate incident that has happened," she told NZ Newswire.
 
"It's very different to what Kenya is."
 
The al-Shabab rebels have claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it was in direct retaliation for Kenya's military intervention in Somalia, where African Union troops are battling the Islamists.
 
Kenyan forces entered Somalia two years ago to fight al-Shabab, and remain in the country as part of an African Union force that is supporting Somalia's internationally backed government.
 
"You know you have to take precautions there registration of company in Hong Kong," Ms Nicholls said.
 
"There are certain places that you go to and you don't go to. The big mall, which caters mostly for ex-pats and wealthy Kenyans, is not one of those places."
 
On Sunday evening (local time), 10 to 15 armed gunmen were still terrorising shoppers in the mall, Kenya's President Uhuru Kenyatta said.
 
He said "many unarmed, badly shaken, innocent civilians" also remained in the mall.
 
The inspector-general of Kenyan police, David Kimaiyo, has been urging hotel owners to check whether guests have returned to their hotels following the attack.
 
More than 1000 people have been rescued from the mall.
 
MFAT said the situation on the ground remains fluid but there is no information to suggest any other New Zealanders were caught in the attack.
 
There are currently 123 New Zealanders registered in Kenya.
 
Words of support for Mr McLaren have begun surfacing on Facebook, with Havelock North Rugby Club one of the first.
 
"Doctors are positive all will be ok," the club said.
 
"We are positive to (sic) and thinking of you both and your families."
 
Ms Nicholls said she had spoken to Mrs McLaren and both she and her injured husband were doing well.
 
The New Zealand High Commission in Pretoria, South Africa, is providing consular assistance to the couple.
 
The ministry has updated its travel information for Kenya, Business Registry Hong Kong warning New Zealanders to avoid the Westgate Mall and keep family informed of their well-being.
 
"New Zealanders currently in Nairobi are advised to be particularly security conscious at this time and follow any instructions issued by the local authorities," a spokesman said.
 
One dual Australian-UK citizen was killed in the attack, with reports of several other Australians escaping the mall uninjured.


2013 年 8 月 29 日  星期四   晴天


Employment record will show them to be fired 分類: national

 

MP Darien Fenton says most employers want some kind of information about previous job experience ipad waterproof cases.
 
"Workers sacked under the 90-day trial period won't be able to defend themselves because they can be fired without a reason being given," she said on Thursday.
 
"There is no way for a worker to challenge an employer's decision."
 
The government introduced the 90-day trial in April 2011, ip networking giving employers the right to sack workers during that period without risk of any legal challenge and without having to give specific reasons.
 
Ministers said many employers wouldn't take the risk of hiring inexperienced staff without it.
 
The government says it has been a great success but Labour has frequently complained that young workers have been treated ruthlessly and sacked with no reason at all being given wigs natural hair.